Monday, August 31, 2009

Choo Choo!

Good morning! I stole a few minutes this morning to finish a card I started on Saturday morning. I spent the day yesterday sick with the flu (Michelle was sick the night before), so I didn't even feel like making cards! But, everyone is feeling much better today (in fact, the kids have now been sleeping for 12 hours), and I'm on the papercrafting scene once again!


One of my friends from high school that I have reconnected with through Facebook is having her fourth baby this week via cesarean. I wanted to make her a gift (more coming later once I know the baby's name), and knowing that she's having a boy made it easy to make a card!
I used the recent sketch from the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge (it's #16), which you can find here on Priscilla's blog. I saw someone's entry on SCS, and loved the sketch.
I turned it on its side to better fit my card theme. I struggled with the flourishes in the corners, so instead, I omitted them and stuck a few trains at the bottom.
It's really hard to tell (I don't know if my Versamark is drying up or what), but I used the print pattern background stamp on the blue layer, and used crosshatch on the yellow and red layers. All very hard to tell. Thanks for stopping, and Happy Monday!


***ingredients***
Paper: CM paper stack-blue, yellow, red, generic white, generic black
Stamps: Gina K-Wee Tees, SU! Crosshatch, SU! Print pattern
Ink: real red, only orange, brilliant blue, versamark
Other: ribbon (offray), sponges, colored pencils
****************

No comments:

Post a Comment