Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thank you for the babysitters

I've been wanting to make some name frames for my nieces that always, always, always babysit (and love it!) my children during the week. When I go to Orange City every week to teach piano lessons, they watch them. Every single week. It's wonderful. I also teach them piano, so this way, we also have time for lessons every week and no one has to make a special trip. Win-win for everyone.
But, I wanted to make them something special. I helped paint their new room (they added onto their house) a month or so ago, and they painted it blue, green, and brown. It looks fabulous. I tried to coordinate with those colors, but I needed a little something more, so I added some pink (what teenager doesn't like pink?!). The girls are 15 and 16 years old.
Can you believe I whipped these up in 1 1/2 hours? Man, that Cricut was flying!!
I used a couple free fonts that I found off Font Freak online, and then just used my stamps and paper. They loved them. It's hard to tell, but I did clear emboss the rose and leaves in Katie's frame. Check the ingredients list for full supplies. My next post is going to be about my awesome rug I crocheted! See you then!
Katie's Frame
***ingredients***
Paper: SEI Chocolat, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green,
SU! unknown dsp (I forget the name)
Stamps: Wild Rose
Ink: tempting turquoise, gable green
Other: cricut, sure cuts a lot, free font: Adine Kirnberg,
clear ep, wal-mart frame
****************
Marrissa's Frame
***ingredients***
Paper: SEI Chocolat, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green
Stamps: Delight in Life
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green
Other: cricut, sure cuts a lot, free font: boyzrgross,
stickles, wal-mart frame
****************

No comments:

Post a Comment