Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teacher Candy Jar

Happy Tuesday! The kids are still sleeping, and I've got my flu-sick husband off for the day. He woke up puking, but his parents are gone on vacation, so he must go help do chores with his brother. Plus, he has to go pick up 16 new calves this morning--he'll be busy. Poor guy. I told him to rest, rest, rest today! I also sent him off with a mug full of warm coke (it helps!) and $4 for a bottle of Pepto. Hopefully he'll survive.
I finished a project I've been wanting to do for awhile. I went rummaging a few weekends ago in a town close to where we live. I found four clean, empty Yankee Candle jars in a Free box at the last rummage I stopped it. What a treasure! I thought, "Surely I can make these into something!"
I created a Teacher Candy Jar with the first one (and probably the other two big ones).
Here it is from the front. I made an apple svg file in Inkscape for my cricut, and then used the Blackout feature to get rid of the lines before cutting it in red. To cut the mat, I just used the Shadow Blackout feature and cut it in green. I "stitched" around both layers with a white gel pen. I added a button with some ribbon (a last minute adjustment), and stamped the sentiment from PTI's Teacher's Apple. I embossed the TEACHERS in black ep. I used pop dots to adhere it to the jar.
Too close! Oh well, you get the idea. This was mainly to cover up the ugly sticker on the bottom...just some stamping and sponging. The circle was cut with the George cartridge (it's 2 1/2").
And some yummy treats to go inside! If you know who my daughter is, it won't surprise you to know that we have a whole 5 lb. bag of peppermints in our house, so the candy didn't cost me a dime!
I'll post the rest of the jars once I get them made. Thanks for stopping!


***ingredients***
Paper: red, Old Olive
Stamps: PTI Teacher's Apple
Ink: versamark, basic black, real red
Other: black ep, heating gun, cricut, inkscape, George cart, free apple clipart, white gel pen, button from stash, ribbon, pop dots, sponges, empty Yankee Candle jar
****************

No comments:

Post a Comment