I went through the whole hop, and there were some awesome, awesome projects!
Today I have a card for you that I made on Friday, for August's first week of Viva La Verve. Although I didn't use Verve stamps this time, have no fear! It's not required.
The twist this week was two fold. 1- to CASE a Verve diva. Well, that was easy. I have Amy Sheffer on my favorites list, so I went to her blog (Pickled Paper Designs) and a card that I just loved. Click here and take a look at her awesomeness at work.
The second part of the twist was about patterned paper. If the Diva used it, I couldn't, and if she didn't use it, I could. Opposite, got it!?
So, here's what I came up with. It's one of my favorite cards ever:
Card construction details:
- begin with pretty in pink base.
- add layer of razzberry fizz (pti)
- add layer of razzberry fix remix (pti)
- add blocks of pretty in pink, and razzberry fizz. have only slight problems measuring. :)
- constructed my rose. I used SU!'s Wild Rose set. This is a spendy set (I think $39) but well, well worth the money for the beauty and versatility. I stamped the solid part in pixie pink (stamped off once), and then stamped the highlight in pink passion. I stamped the solid part of the leaves in gable green, and the highlight in glorious green. I used my Versamark pen and clear ep to emboss it to give it a wet look. Added it to white cardstock using dimensionals.
- Used Fiskars Heart border punch for the little border.
- tied a knot bow with some offray ribbon.
- tried to figure out how Amy got her cording tied onto her knot bow.
- gave up trying to figure it out. I cheated and just used glue dots to adhere my rick rack how I like it. loved the end result.
So, so beautiful! What do you think?
Thanks for stopping!
Paper: PTI Razzberry Fix and Razzberry Fiz Remix, SU! Pretty in Pink
Stamps: Wild Rose
Ink: Pixie pink, pink passion, gable green, green galore (all SU!)
Other: ribbon, rick rack, clear ep, Versa mark pen, dimensionals, fiskars heart border punch