Friday, August 28, 2009

Husband Emergency Card Stash

Hello! I finished my project!! Check it out:



This is the box that will hold the emergency card stash (obviously). I used the tutorial for an A2 Card Box from Splitcoaststampers (under "Resources"). I first used a pizza box tutorial that I found online, but once I got it all made and decorated, it didn't hold all the cards! Doh! So, I cut the decorated top off, whipped up an A2 card box, and stuck the top along with some scallops onto the top of the new card box. Clear as mud, huh?
Here is the list of what will be in the card stash. You can find most of them on my blog in the past few days.
1. One birthday card- for wife
2. One Valentine's Day card- for wife
3. One Anniversary card- for wife
4 and 5. TWO Just Because card- for wife
6. One "It's okay"/Sympathy/Empathy card- for wife
7 and 8. TWO Mother's Day cards- for wife and mother/mother-in-law

There is a total of eight cards in the box. The challenge with the box (other than the dimensions) was to make it masculine. I love how the words turned out (they are from SCAL and my cricut), and the background pattern from Technique Tuesday is one of my favorite stamp sets! Thanks for looking- hope to post something more tonight!

Kayla

***Ingredients***
Paper: SU! Bashful Blue, basic black, white
Stamps: Technique Tuesday "Irony"
Ink: versamark
Other: ribbon (offray), cricut, scal, free font: cooper black and comic sans, corner rounder for scallops
*****************

1 comment:

  1. this is hilarious - you could make a fortune marketing this idea too!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete