Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome Sign #1

Another quick entry (trying to keep up as I make things). I whipped this up this afternoon. I'm involved in a ladies church group, and we have a Harvest Sale every October to raise money for our school. I made this as a contribution for the Harvest Sale. I'm planning on making some more to sell. I love how this turned out!
I got the actual signs at Loopy's Dollar in my hometown. They were having crazy days, and it was 75% off...so it was 75 cents!! What a steal. It originally came with a metal piece attached that said "welcome" or "welcome friends" or something like that. I bought four of them, and ripped the metal piece off.
I was left with a blank slate! I mod podged some paper on, cut letters and the flourish with my cricut and scal, slapped them on, and I was done! Super easy, but looks really cool. I'm in the process of another one. Would have got it done this afternoon but the baby woke up. Tomorrow, maybe!

Thanks for stopping! Have a great night!

Kayla

***ingredients***
Paper: SU! Flowers for You (I think?), unknown green, unknown brown, unknown cream, PTI Spring Moss (letters), SEI Chocolat Noisse (flourish)
Stamps: n/a
Ink: n/a
Other: sign from Loopy's, mod podge, cricut, free font: pavane, flourish from My Cricut Scrapbooking
****************
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment