Thursday, August 20, 2009

God Bless This Home-Sign #2

Good afternoon! Here's another project I completed this afternoon (and the kids are still snoozing!!). It's another home decor sign. The more I do these, the more I wish I would have bought every one Loopy's had. But, I'm confident they will go on sale again after the fall season. Who knows- maybe they will be 90% off instead of 75% (hey, a girl can dream!!)!

I really, really like how this turned out, but it was a pain in the tush to get it right. Here's the story:
After I cut the paper, I had second thoughts about the color scheme. I consulted my mom, who assured me that it would be fine. Let's hope so.
Then, I couldn't get the words to cut right. I was using a different font, and I tried to cut it like 6 times. I adjusted everything I could think of, and it still didn't work. I put it away and came back to it later. I was going to just make the "bless" in this font and then have the other words in a normal serif font, but then I realized how beautiful this font was--it was exactly what I was looking for!!
The trouble didn't stop there. Once I finally got the words cut, I didn't think they were going to fit on the sign. But, I rearranged and rearranged some more, and I think it worked out nice. I actually like the G dipping into the rose.
So, what should have taken me about 1/2 an hour took me 1/2 a day!! But, it's done, and I love it!
Thanks for stopping!!

***ingredients***
Paper: PTI Razzberry Fizz Remix and Lemon Tart, SU! Pretty in Pink
Stamps: Wild Rose
Ink: Positively Pink, Real Red, Gable Green, Glorious Green
Other: clear ep, versamark pen, scor-tape, sign from Loopy's Dollar, cricut, font: Liorah BT
****************

No comments:

Post a Comment