Saturday, August 15, 2009

Anni-VERVE-sary---A week of cards!

Good morning. I'm not sure why Blogger is making me stay centered, but I guess everything will be nice and even. I hear Micah waking up in his crib, so this will be kind of a short post. I participated in Verve's 2 Year Anniversary Release Celebration by completing their sketchs. There were five total. Here's the rundown:

Sketch One:

This card is for one of my friends: I got it off Craiglist (the set, I mean!) for $5! Unheard of!
***ingredients***
Paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana
Stamps: Flaky Friends
Ink: Bordering Blue
Other: Stickles, scallop edge scissors, circle punches

****************
Sketch Two



This is for my dear brother-in-law for his birthday on Monday. I wanted to make him a golfing card, and then I stumbled on this Gina K set on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum of Splitcoast. I knew it was the one!! I hope he likes it. My husband thinks its cool, and that's saying something from him! BTW, I paper pieced the golf bag, and I didn't have any chocolate ribbon, so I just used paper.


***ingredients***
Paper: PTI Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, unknown dsp
Stamps: Gina K King of the Grill, PTI Guidelines
Ink: Certainly Celery
Other: white gel pen


****************


Sketch Three



I had a horrid time trying to get this ribbon to match with anything. I think it is so beautiful, but it's hard to work with. This is my third try with the ribbon. See Sketch Five for my second attempt at that card. I had this all set to be a sympathy card, but then realized the ribbon makes it too loud for a sympathy card.


***ingredients***
Paper: white c/s, SEI Chocolat
Stamps: Verve-Beautiful You, Because of You
Ink: certainly celery
Other: embossing thing, ribbon, circle punch, scallop circle punch


****************


Sketch Four



Love, Love, Love this card! This is going to my grandma. It was first going to be for my sister, then my mom, and then I finally decided on my grandma! This uses mostly PTI and Verve. I did Poppin' Pastels on the main image.
***ingredients***
Paper: PTI Ocean Tides, Plum Pudding, Razzberry Fizz Remix
Stamps: Verve Because of You
Ink: orchid opulence, versamark
Other: pastels, ribbon
****************
Sketch Five

My last card and my second take on this one. My first try was HIDEOUS! I was going to throw it away. I'm a little happier with this one. I clear embossed the butterflies, and the backgrounds in yellow are from Love Bakes.

***ingredients***
Paper: Gable Green, SEI Chocolat, Summer Sun
Stamps: Love Bakes, Noteworthy, Verve-Floral Whimsy
Ink: yoyo yellow, orchid opulence, versamark
Other: clear ep, ribbon, circle punch, scallop circle punch

****************

I have lots of pictures of the kids to post, and lots of craft items coming in the next few days/weeks. This blog will be busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment