Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few Fizzy Cards



Hi, everyone. A few weeks ago, I read a post from a woman on SCS looking for a certain design out of a pack of PTI (Papertrey Ink) paper. The pack comes with six designs in two sizes. She needed one design in one size, and PTI was not very cooperative in helping her get just that one size. Seeing how she didn't want to buy 50 packs of the same paper, she asked if anyone would be willing to help. Remembering last winter with the craft fair and a kind woman on SCS named Amber who helped ME out selflessly and generously (she sent me like 200 cards AND paid the postage for them to get there), and a few other women who sent me some things out of the goodness of their hearts, I decided to help this woman out. I bought two packs of the paper, thinking, well, I think I can use that. WRONG! There is alot of paper in those packs. 36 sheets in one pack! I thought I better get to work:
This card is for Mojo Monday's Sketch. It's a prize week, so I tried extra hard to make a super cute card. I LOVE this color combination together- I'm really loving PTI paper and the Razzberry Fizz pack. The yellow is so much more lemony in real life. My camera just doesn't so justice. *sigh* Someday, I will have a better, cooler camera!
It's impossible to see, but the butterfly is stamped once, and then stamped onto Eggplant and cut out. It's also practically coated in stickles. There are also lines of stickles everywhere, and every other line of dots has a stickle in it.
The quote says: Dance as if no one were watching, Sing as if no one were listening, Live every day as if it were your last. I thought it would make a nice birthday card.
***ingredients***
Paper: PTI Lemon Tart, Razzberry Fizz, SU! Elegant Eggplant
Stamps: Verve- Beautiful You (quote), Floral Whimsy (butterfly)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Other: Stickles, flat back pearls, SU! grosgrain ribbon
****************
Second card. This one is for Viva La Verve's sketch challenge this week (June Week 1) with a twist of 3: 3 colors, 3 embellishments, 3 stamp sets. This one was tough. Again, I used PTI colors and paper *love it*. Check it: the ribbon was found deep in the abyss that is my ribbon drawer--I got it with my first Verve order; Julee included this ribbon and some gorgeous satin chocolate ribbon. This ribbon matched perfectly!!
You can kind of see the stickles on the flower and on the edges of the aqua mist paper--they are there!
***ingredients***
Paper: PTI Razzberry Fizz (solid and dsp), Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart
Stamps: Verve- Floral Whimsy, Because of You; SU! Noteworthy
Ink: SU! pixie pink
Other: sponges, rhinestone brads, Verve ribbon, stickles
****************
Thanks for looking! I'm trying to find time to finish a special project for my daughter; I'm waiting on the Pooh Font cartridge I just bought off SCS. Once that is finished, I'm starting a recipe book for my sister in law. Good night!
PS- Micah was only up TWICE last night!! Hooray!! We dosed him up on Benadryl, and I did again tonight, so wish us luck!!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with this paper. Thank you so much for the cardstock Kayla, I will post soon with a picture. Thanks to you and some other SCSers I won't have to buy nearly as much paper. I am going to use the other patterns in other things for the wedding.
    You are an angel.
    Jeneen

    ReplyDelete