Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Catching Up

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been so long. Myron (my husband) was home last week because we couldn't find a load, but last weekend was a pretty stressful weekend anyways, so we needed the time to recouperate and get back to normal (not to mention tie up a few loose ends). But, he's back on the road this week heading to Boston, MA with cowhides (yuck). It'll be a long week, because it's 1500 miles out to Boston and he didn't leave until 9:30 Monday night. Boo. So, after driving most of last night and all of tonight, he should arrive there {exhausted} on Wednesday morning. Unload, hopefully reload to go back to Indiana, and then pick up his load home in Winamac, IN sometime Friday morning. Be home late Saturday afternoon. Sickening.
Anyways, he's gone, so that means---it's time to STAMP! I've been kind of busy, I just haven't been able to upload anything because the husband and family always need my attention!
Anyways, three cards today. Here's the first one:

Super simple birthday card. My mom needed some cards in exchange for a blanket she made me, so this was one of the last ones. I paper pieced the envelope and should have pieced the candles, but I was getting sick of cutting and decided to just marker them.

***ingredients***
Paper: Green Galore, unknown blue DSP from Wal-mart, Summer Sun
Stamps: Send a Celebration, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Other: stickles (on candles)

****************

Next one. This is for Viva La Verve's June Week 3 Sketch Challenge with a twist from Splitcoast. The challenge was to use lots of white space. I love how this turned out! Very simple, elegant--perfect for a sympathy card. In fact, I asked my husband if he thought it needed anything, and he said, "What else can you do to a sympathy card without it looking gaudy?" Very true. There is sponging around the sentiment (one of my favorites from Verve), and there is also a scored line for a border around the edge.

***ingredients***
Paper: Bella Rose DSP
Stamps: Plain Jane Psalm 46:10
Ink: Real Red
Other: scallop scissors, scallop circle punch

****************

Real fast: my second take on the VLV June 03 sketch. This time this card is a get well card. I think it turned out just as elegant! I just used my ranger distress ink to distress the edges of the card and add a little bit of color.

***ingredients***
Paper: Bella Rosa DSP
Stamps: Verve- Because of You, Fluttering By
Ink: Ranger Distress Walnut Stain
Other: scallop oval, CM cutting system ovals

****************

Thanks for stopping! Have a great day!

PS--I am making some super sweet Father's Day projects--I think I will be able to post them safely without spoiling the surpise tomorrow or Thursday. Check back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment