Monday, May 18, 2009

A New House



Good morning and happy Monday! It's been awhile since I wrote, but we've been SUPER busy with moving. Everything went well, and I think we're adjusted in our temporary home. Michelle thinks it's great-- she calls it her "new house". We moved almost everyone on Wednesday, but Tuesday was really busy packing, and Thursday was really busy unpacking, and Friday was really busy cleaning at our old house, and Saturday was really busy attending a graduation.


I hope to post some pictures later this week of our house- but I want to clean it first so it doesn't look like a disaster area. Again, it's not a real nice house (we had to downgrade), but at least it's a roof over our head and a place for our kids.


I was also able to get to Orange City and see my old teacher, Jolynn. We had dinner and talked-- it was really nice.


In the hustle and bustle of last week, I did manage to get three cards made. I had to, because I needed them for graduation on Saturday. I'll only show you two of them. They both correspond with Viva La Verve's Sketch with a Twist challenge for May Weeks 2 and 3. I really love to do challenges...
Here's the first one. This one corresponds with Week 3, I think. You can find the challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437333. The twist was to use your favorite everything. Well, I kind of cheated. I am really trying to like this paper, so I used it. And, in this sense, I LOVED it!! I also used my favorite Verve set (right now), Floral Whimsy. It's impossible to tell, but the sentiment says: The future belongs to those who believe in the Beauty of their dreams. There are butterflies stamped in Versamark on the light pink panels. I think it is gorgeous! I wish I had a better camera. Someday...
***ingredients***
Paper: Basic Grey Lollipop Shoppe
Stamps: Verve Floral Whimsy
Ink: Pixie Pink
Other: White grosgrain ribbon (SU!), sponges
****************
This one is a little easier to see. This is for Week 2. The challenge is here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436260. The twist was to use any shade of blue and green. Nice boy card, I think.
***ingredients***
Paper: unknown patterened paper, bordering blue, certainly celery
Stamps: All Year Cheer III, Delight in Life, Crosshatch
Ink: bordering blue
Other: brads
****************
Well, that's all for now. Enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment