Monday, September 7, 2009

MOJO Monday 103

Happy Monday, and Happy Labor Day (for those of you lucky enough to get the day off!). My husband is gone golfing, and I am home waiting for the kids to wake up (okay, I'm cherishing every second they are asleep!).

My task for today was complete this week's Mojo Monday challenge because it's a contest week! They choose 7 winners, and those winners get to choose a Verve set of their choice!

Hard sketch this week: go to http://mojomonday.blogspot.com to see the sketch. I wanted to make a few accordian books for the craft fair, so I wanted to incorporate that into my sketch. This is what I came up with:

Beautiful, no? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this SEI paper. So gorgeous. This panel is 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 (the book base is 6 1/2 square). I like how this turned out. I was going to make a baby girl book (hence, the pink), but I just left it up to the buyer's imagination!
The butterfly is stamped first onto the white c/s in pixie pink, and then also stamped onto some patterened paper from the collection and cut out. I added a few tiny, tiny pearls to the antenae.

Here's a view of the inside-front. I used lots of different paper from the SEI Chocolat collection and just varied where I put them. I was going to cover every single square, but then I decided that was overkill.


Here's the inside- back. Again, different paper. The two papers on the full squares are my favorite papers from this collection- glittery pinks and browns...yum!
Thanks for stopping. I hopefully will be able to post what I've been up to in the next few days!
***ingredients***
Paper: SEI Chocolat, white c/s
Stamps: Verve- Fluttering by, Beautiful You
Ink: Ranger Distress Walnut Stain, Pixie Pink
Other: pearls, heavy heavy cardboard from who knows where, mod podge
****************

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like that color combo too... with the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors I love squash books what a good idea to use the sketch.

    ReplyDelete