Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Week of Cards

Just a quick, no-nonsense post tonight because I am tired and my kids are still upstairs not sleeping!
We had kind of a rough day today and yesterday; Micah has had a pretty high fever and has been really, really cranky. He has also had a terrible rash on his crotch area for about a week. I finally got sick of him being crabby all the time and took him in today. Ears look fine (thankfully), but he has an infection in the back of the throat, and also a fungal infection in his crotch. Sweet. No medicine, though, because it's all viral. So we just have to wait it out. Even more sweet. But, I'm trying to steel him with probiotics and an anti-fungal cream, so maybe tomorrow will be better!
I just realized I can make the pictures bigger, so they should look better! Here are a few cards that I have made over the past week:


This is a 5x7 card I made for my mother--she needed a wedding card. This was my first try at 5x7 cards, and I LOVED it! So much room! The patterned paper came from the couple's invitation, as did the colors.

This is a card for my sister-in-law's birthday (on Monday). Sketch came from Viva La Verve's July Week 3. The twist was to use the technique Poppin Pastels or Burnt Batik. I chose the easy one, with the pastels. Hard to see, but I used canvas on the aqua mist layer. Also, I cut the scalloped circles with my cricut (who needs nesties?!)

Card for Viva La Verve's July Week 4. This was for my friend Joann for her birthday. The twist was to use vellum, so with the vellum and the circles, I was nervous. But, I like how this turned out. I love the colors!

Finally, this plate is for my sister's wedding anniversary (from my mother). I used a glass plate and mod podged paper onto it. I cut the letters with my cricut (Pooh font), and the charms are from her wedding. I LOVE how this turned out--the wood paper is so awesome. I'm going to buy a truckload of it. I cut the wood paper in strips where the boards look like they would be, and then adhered them on that way. By doing this, I was able to make it look like there were no seams. I modpodged over the entire thing (even the picture, printed on my home printer). Sweet.

Thanks for stopping; supplies are below my signature!

Wedding Card

***ingredients***
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, patterned paper from couple's invitation
Stamps: PTI Guidelines
Ink: Real Red
Other: Sentiment sticker, Stickles, Ribbon

****************

Flower Birthday Card

***ingredients***
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Tart
Stamps: Canvas, Both Ways Blossoms, PTI Birthday Basics
Ink: Versamark, Pixie Pink

Other: Cricut, pastels

****************

Vellum Birthday Card

***ingredients***
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Gable Green
Stamps: Delight in Life, Verve-Because of You, PTI Guidelines
Ink: Pixie Pink, Gable Green
Other: Ribbon, Vellum, Rhinestone brads

****************

Western Plate

'***ingredients***
Paper: Paper Studio wood paper, kraft, cream
Stamps: n/a
Ink: n/a
Other: Cricut- Pooh Font cart, charms from sister, corner rounder

****************

No comments:

Post a Comment