Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quick and simple cards

Well, one is quick and simple. The other is a little more time consuming. I had some more time yesterday to make cards, and I came up with two (I'm a slow poke, I know)

Okay, here's the not so simple one. This is for this week's Viva La Verve sketch with a twist- the twist was to distress. I was really nervous to try this, so I put it off until yesterday. Well, it turned out to be easy (even though you can't tell from the photo- use your imagination!)

I used my PTI Guidelines set on two of the blue layers, and then used my "distressing tool" (aka my scissors!) to rough up all the edges. I also sponged on the sentiment panel to give it a little bit rougher look.

***ingredients***
Paper: Bordering Blue, Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue
Stamps: Verve- Beautiful You
Ink: Bordering Blue, Versamark
Other: Bashful Blue ribbon

****************

Quick and easy card: this works for sketch challenge 25. I wanted something to showcase this paper. I love it!! This card took me about 2 minutes to throw together.

***ingredients***
Paper: SEI Chocolat, Pretty in Pink
Stamps: Verve- Beautiful You (No one does sentiments like Verve!)
Ink: Ranger Distress Walnut Stain
Other: Pretty in Pink ribbon, circle punch, circle scallop punch

****************

Thanks for stopping! Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment